Kitces Courses is proud to introduce How to Find Financial Planning Opportunities When Reviewing a Tax Return!
WHO THIS COURSE IS FOR:
This course was created for advisors who have limited to no experience reviewing and gaining key insights from their clients’ tax returns in the financial planning process.
The tax return provides a starting point for deepening financial planning conversations. Through 10 self-paced modules, advisors will learn which schedules, lines, and sections should commonly be reviewed, as well as critical information and tax planning strategies (or potential tax problems) that can be identified by reviewing a tax return.
Five real-world case studies, plus the Kitces Capstone Interactive Case Study, will help you apply and hone your skills so that you can deliver sound advice to your clients throughout their financial journey. Learn your way around the 1040 and increase your value to clients.
IN THIS COURSE, YOU'LL LEARN HOW TO:
• Recognize the different sections of Form 1040, including associated pages, schedules, and line items
• Identify assets to gain insight on household financial health and stability, including assets that may not have been readily disclosed to you as a client’s advisor
• Guide tax planning discussions with clients based on data found on Form 1040
• Design financial planning strategies by leveraging tax planning, cashflow, and lifestyle factors identified through a focused tax return review
• Create a comprehensive net worth statement using the information from a client’s tax return
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
• Who is this course designed for?
The course is designed for advisors who have limited to no experience reviewing and gaining key insights from their clients’ tax returns in the financial planning process.
• How much time does the course require?
This self-paced course requires approximately 4-6 hours to complete.
• Is the course CE eligible?
Yes! The course is eligible for 6 hours of continuing education credit.
• How is CE reported?
We will report continuing education credit directly to the following organizations: CFP, IWI, EA (IRS) and American College. CPAs and other related designations can use the completion certificate to self report credit.
• Will I receive a certificate?
Yes! Once you achieve a passing score of 70% on the Kitces Capstone Interactive Case Study Review, you'll be prompted to download a course completion certificate.
• How long will I have access to the course?
The course has no end date, however the content may be modified or deleted if no longer relevant or applicable when considering current industry standards, practices, or legal framework.
• What is the refund policy?
You may receive a full refund for Kitces Courses within 45 days of purchase or prior to a completion certificate being issued, whichever comes first.
• Can I purchase courses for a group at a discounted price?
Yes! Please email email@example.com for additional information.
• Who can I contact with further questions?
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.